JobTitle: HR Generalist
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports to: HR Leader
Direct Reports: N/A
Talaris Therapeutics, Inc. (“Talaris”) is a late-clinical stage biotechnology company that is developing transformative cell therapies with the potential to eliminate the burden of chronic immunosuppression for organ transplant recipients as well as induce durable remissions in patients with severe autoimmune and immune-mediated disorders. Achieving durable, drug-free immune tolerance to a donated organ has been referred to as a “Holy Grail” of organ transplant. In a ground-breaking, phase 2 study conducted between 2009 – 2016, our lead therapy, FCR001, enabled 70% of living donor kidney transplant recipients to be weaned off all immunosuppression within 12 months of their kidney transplant, without rejecting their donated organ. The benefits of our therapy have been shown to be extremely durable. We have followed these patients for an average of over five years since their transplant, and the longest for over ten years, and not a single patient who was tolerized in our phase 2 study has subsequently had to resume immunosuppression. Since late-2018, Talaris has raised over $190M in private financing from leading life sciences investors and has initiated a Phase 3 registration trial of our therapy in living donor kidney transplant patients. In 2021, the company also plans to initiate Phase 2 trials of FCR001 in scleroderma as well as in patients who have previously received a living donor kidney transplant. Our cell processing facility is based in Louisville, KY, and we have a corporate office in Boston, MA
The Human Resource Generalist will manage the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department assisting with the hiring and interviewing of staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Handles human resource related communications (newsletters, company notifications, new hire announcements, internal/external job postings)
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Supports new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least 4 years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP certification required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off 25 days
- Stock Options
Apply: Please submit resume or CV and cover letter to hiring@Talaristx.com
Talaris is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Talaris to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.