Talaris Therapeutics, Inc.(“Talaris”) is developing a breakthrough, one-time cell therapy to enable patients who receive a living donor kidney transplant to no longer require lifelong immunosuppression, without rejecting their donated organ. Achieving durable, drug-free immune tolerance to a donated organ has been referred to as a “Holy Grail” of organ transplant. In a ground-breaking, phase 2 study conducted between 2008 – 2016, our lead therapy, FCR001, enabled 70% of patients to be weaned off all immunosuppression within 12 months of their kidney transplant. No tolerized patient has had to resume immunosuppression. We have followed these patients for an average of almost five years since their transplant, and the longest for over ten years. Our single-dose cell therapy has also shown the potential to induce durable remission of certain types of severe auto-immune diseases and to benefit other solid organ transplant patients. Talaris has announced a $100M private financing from leading life sciences investors and has initiated a Phase 3 pivotal trial of our therapy in living donor kidney transplant patients. We also expect to initiate two Phase 2 trials of our therapy in additional indications in 2021. Our cell processing facility and most of our operations are based in Louisville, KY, and we also have a corporate office in Boston, MA.
The Senior Accounting Analyst will be based in Louisville, KY and reports to the Controller. The Senior Accounting Analyst will work hand in hand with the Controller to continue to improve the financial reporting and compliance processes as well as identify areas of needed improvement across the finance function.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the significant functions of this individual’s job. He/she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific services may change from time to time.
- General Ledger
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Review and initiate all monthly automated journal entries
- Develop and record all non-routine transactions to the ledger
- Work with controller to identify additional areas to automate journal entries
- Assist Controller with development/enhancement of period end financial reporting controls and procedures
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist controller with maintenance of all employee stock compensation records and appropriate accounting treatment
- Fixed Assets
- Maintain fixed asset detailed listing
- Calculate and record monthly depreciation
- Responsible for gathering all evidence of asset additions and disposals
- Reconcile all fixed asset accounts monthly
- Prepare quarterly and annual fixed asset rollforwards for internal records and external auditor use
- Review all automated treasury entries for accuracy
- Reconcile all bank accounts each month
- Assist Controller with cash forecasting and reporting to leadership team/board regarding cash management
- Reconcile monthly credit card activity and enhance credit card policy/procedures
- Accounts Payable
- Vendor setup/maintenance
- Ensure accurate GL coding of all invoices
- Maintain communication with vendors to ensure timely resolution of any issues
- Oversee and assist employees with expense reimbursement system
- Work with departmental leadership to improve AP and purchasing process for company as a whole
- Ensure accuracy of payroll information for each pay period
- Basic Payroll knowledge of tax withholding, payroll deductions (including pre-tax deductions), HSA accounts, FSA accounts, and dependent care accounts
- Semi-monthly 401k plan funding
- Monthly funding of deferred compensation plan
- Reconciliation of FSA/HRA monthly activity
- Assist with development of departmental and enterprise-wide budgets
- Assist with monthly reporting to executive leadership and Board regarding budget to actual variance analysis
- Assist in developing updated forecasts to assist executive leadership decision making throughout the year
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to executive leadership and board regarding financial results and KPIs
- Ad-hoc reporting for executive management as requested
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting or other business-related major; advanced degree in related field preferred
- CPA preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience. Public accounting firm experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and experience working in accounting software (Sage Intacct experience a plus).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with many types of professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and schedules.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with ability to manage many projects at once, work well under tight deadlines, prioritize tasks appropriately, and problem solve.
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated diplomacy, an “internal client” focus, and commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off 25 days
- Stock Options
Apply: Please submit resume or CV and cover letter to hiring@Talaristx.com
Talaris is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Talaris to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.