Talaris Therapeutics, Inc.(“Talaris”) is developing a breakthrough, one-time cell therapy to enable patients who receive a living donor kidney transplant to no longer require lifelong immunosuppression, without rejecting their donated organ. Achieving durable, drug-free immune tolerance to a donated organ has been referred to as a “Holy Grail” of organ transplant. In a ground-breaking, phase 2 study conducted between 2008 – 2016, our lead therapy, FCR001, enabled 70% of patients to be weaned off all immunosuppression within 12 months of their kidney transplant. No tolerized patient has had to resume immunosuppression. We have followed these patients for an average of almost five years since their transplant, and the longest for over ten years. Our single-dose cell therapy has also shown the potential to induce durable remission of certain types of severe auto-immune diseases, and to benefit other solid organ transplant patients. Talaris recently closed a $100M private financing from leading life sciences investors. We will be initiating a Phase 3 pivotal trial of our therapy in living donor kidney transplant patients later in 2019. We will also be initiating two Phase 2 trials of our therapy in additional indications in 2020. Our cell processing facility and most of our operations are based in Louisville, KY, and we also have a corporate office in Boston, MA.
Role and Responsibilities
The controller will ensure timely monthly closes of the general ledger and be responsible for all financial reporting including monthly/quarterly financial statement and other related internal reports as required.
Additionally, controller will:
- Oversee cash management and forecasting
- Monitor month-end and year-end close process
- Oversee all day-to-day financial operations including payroll, accounts payable and banking
- Maintain and develop departmental structure in line with evolving org model
- Design and build management reports to support management requirements
- Implement and maintain internal controls.
- Master our transaction and accounting software and be a resource for other users
- State and local tax compliance
- Ensure accurate complilation and reporting of operational results on a defined schedule
- Optimize business processes and workflows enabling efficient transaction processing and control
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Complete account reconciliations, perform balance sheet reviews and manage the audit process
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business and preference for CPA and/or Chartered Global Management Accounting designation (CGMA)
- Minimum four years demonstrated experience in accounting field
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and advanced knowledge of accounting software – Sage Intacct experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills; Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Strong polished soft skills.
- Experience in start-up / small organization with high growth dynamics
Base salary, annual bonus, annual stock options, 401k with a 3% of base salary contribution by employer with no match required by employee, medical, dental and vison health plans and employer funded fsa plan of $1000/yr.