Talaris Therapeutics, Inc. (“Talaris”) is developing a breakthrough, one-time cell therapy to enable patients who receive a living donor kidney transplant to no longer require lifelong immunosuppression, without rejecting their donated organ. Achieving durable, drug-free immune tolerance to a donated organ has been referred to as a “Holy Grail” of organ transplant. In a ground-breaking, phase 2 study conducted between 2008 – 2016, our lead therapy, FCR001, enabled 70% of patients to be weaned off all immunosuppression within 12 months of their kidney transplant. No tolerized patient has had to resume immunosuppression. We have followed these patients for an average of almost five years since their transplant, and the longest for over ten years. Our single-dose cell therapy has also shown the potential to induce durable remission of certain types of severe auto-immune diseases, and to benefit other solid organ transplant patients. Talaris has announced a $100M private financing from leading life sciences investors and has initiated a Phase 3 pivotal trial of our therapy in living donor kidney transplant patients. We also expect to initiate two Phase 2 trials of our therapy in additional indications in 2020. Our cell processing facility and most of our operations are based in Louisville, KY, and we also have a corporate office in Boston, MA.
We are currently seeking a Director /Manager Human Resources who will assist in building and drive the human resources function and providing support to employees throughout our operation. This role will be responsible to help create and reinforce a strong, coaching culture at the company, that fosters strong individual- and team performance and enduring company values. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for assisting implementing all human resource programs including staffing and recruitment strategies, training and organizational development, performance management approach and practices, employee compensation and benefits, and company compliance with relevant laws and regulations. In addition, s/he must be comfortable working in a dynamic, be highly detailed and results-oriented environment where s/he can lead, prioritize and execute on important human resource initiatives that will make an impact on the Company’s mission and goals. This role will report to our VP of Human Resources.
- Work collaboratively with executive leadership and management to develop and implement “best practice” human resources programs and processes to maximize corporate, team and individual performance
- Work with management to understand business strategies, diagnose organizational drivers and impediments, build appropriate capabilities and support continued business growth
- Led by and partnering with the VP HR to effectively implement human resource initiatives to support corporate goals and individual professional development goals
- Talent Management and Talent Acquisition
- Working with management, develop and implement a staffing plan to attract critical skills and top talent on time and within budget
- Develop and implement an efficient and effective on-boarding process for new employees and additional training opportunities for existing employees
- Employee Relations
- Promote a “coaching culture” and continuous feedback process within the company
- Identify and implement employee practices/guidelines/policies necessary to establish a positive working environment that promotes high employee morale and motivation
- Assure company compliance with existing state and federal reporting requirements and regulations
- Partner in the oversight of the performance management process to ensure continuous and timely feedback and effective performance reviews applied consistently and fairly
- Partner in the creation and delivery of our employee benefits plan programs and offerings are competitive within our industry and cost effective
- Identify and implement low cost/high impact ways to differentiate and reinforce the company’s culture and/or recognize strong individual and team contributions.
- Responsible for day to day questions and inquires related to benefits
- BS with at least 10 years of human resources experience, with at least 3 years in a management role, ideally in a company recognized for innovative and effective human resource practices and a differentiated corporate culture
- Highly detailed oriented
- Strong knowledge of all functional human resources disciplines (talent management, performance management, employee relations and compliance, organizational development, total rewards)
- Excellent organizational, leadership, decision making, presentation and communications skills
- Ability to work independently, make sound decisions and resolve problems
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and team player
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to lead and influence
- Is approachable, credible and an effective communicator with all levels within the organization
- PHR certifications
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-funded, privately-held, fast-growing company that is poised for success. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to join a fun and passionate employee culture with a company on an important mission.
Apply: Please submit resume or CV and cover letter to hiring@Talaristx.com
Talaris is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination.